Sunday, May 11, 2014

The Colettine Sisters


The Abandonment & Surrender of love.


Dear Little hearts,

The word abandonment has a variety of definitions, but to begin with let us focus upon abandonment as a total and utter surrender to God. To learn to be able to abandon oneself to God is a life long journey, and it means letting go of everything, our fears, our perception as to how things should be, how a  situation or person , should be, and how it and they actually are.

But the way of abandonment it is way so pleasing to God. Above all it asks trust of us, and because we are often so wounded by life and others this is anything but easy, BUT by His grace we can do all things. This challenging prayer from the heart of Charles de Foucauld was the fruit of a life that underwent a deep conversion and transformation. It is not an easy prayer to pray if we really assent to all it says, but it is an ideal to pray and work towards.

Over the next few days let us look at this prayer more closely and see what it will say to each of us.

Father,
I abandon myself into your hands;
do with me what you will.
Whatever you may do, I thank you:
I am ready for all, I accept all.

First of all and above all it is addressed to our Heavenly Father, the God and Father who loves me. It is a prayer in relationship to a Father.

It is a trust that underneath all life’s circumstances are the everlasting arms, that we can lean on and be held by.

The prayer reveals the total confidence and trust by the one who composed it that whatever happens  God knows what He is doing and that He knows best even if we are in total perplexity. I can only be ready, if I prepare my heart and soul  to surrender in the ordinary, daily duties that my state of life asks of me. If I make the effort to live in his will

(To be cont)

Prayer of Abandonment

Father,
I abandon myself into your hands;
do with me what you will.
Whatever you may do, I thank you:
I am ready for all, I accept all.

Let only your will be done in me,
and in all your creatures -
I wish no more than this, O Lord.

Into your hands I commend my soul:
I offer it to you with all the love of my heart,
for I love you, Lord, and so need to give myself,
to surrender myself into your hands without reserve,
and with boundless confidence,
for you are my Father.

Charles de Foucauld



0 comments:

Post a Comment